Storekeeper position is responsible for maintaining the provision areas in a clean and orderly condition and support the Hotel Controller to fulfil and complete all initiatives related to loading and storing of inventoried items.
- The Storekeeper reports to the Hotel Controller
- Assisting the Hotel Controller in the management of all storage rooms/locations.
- Responsible for maintaining stores areas in the proper condition and for loading and distribution of all food stores in accordance with United States Public Health (USPH) standards and HACCP.
- Responsible for their area’s safety, cleanliness, and operation. Ensure proper hygiene and condition of equipment and tools in accordance with USPH/HACCP standards.
- Monitor all stores received to ensure inventory accuracy and quality control.
- Responsible for monitoring the temperature of the storerooms and recording in the logbook on a daily basis, and reporting abnormal readings to the Hotel Controller and Hotel Manager.
- Ensures that stores are issued according to “First In/First Out” (FIFO) procedure in order to minimize old stock and prevent spoilage.
- Assist Hotel Controller in maintaining accurate inventories.
- Responsible for supervising Assistant Storekeepers &/or Storeroom Utility (where applicable).
- Assist in loading stores as necessary under the direction of the Hotel Controller.
- Issues goods under the direction of the Hotel Controller.
- Create and implement ideas that will generate/increase revenue and /or reduce costs to the Company, and ensure optimal inventory management.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience & Qualification
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management preferred
- Must have a minimum of 2 year recent experience as a Storekeeper or Provision Master in a luxury Hotel or Cruise Ship.
- Able to speak, read and write fluent English.
- Must have a good knowledge of food, beverage and hotel stock items
- Ability to work in an international environment;
- Must have good computer knowledge and proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office application