Job description includes section “Duties and requirements for all hotel crew”.
- The Hotel Director reports to the Captain regarding vessel operations onboard.
- The Hotel Director reports to the Vice President Guest Experience for the Company policies and procedures.
- 4 gold stripes with white bars in-between.
- Single cabin.
- Uniform shirts, pants and jackets are provided for by the Company.
- Unlimited bar allowance.
- Family visit onboard allowed if family stays in cabin, with permission from the Captain and Head Office.
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements
- A university Bachelor’s or Master’s degree(s) or significant related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Prefer previous Hotel Manager/Director experience within the Cruise Industry (3-5 years) or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Supervising and managing all aspects of the hotel department:
- Administrative Departments
- Purser’s Office
- Reception Desk
- Medical Center
- F&B Departments
- Dining areas for passengers and crew
- Bars/Beverage service areas for passengers and crew
- Store rooms
- Purchasing/Supply Chain management
- Housekeeping Department
- Public and crew areas
- Passenger staterooms
- Administrative Departments
- Outlets & Other
- Massage Salon/Spa (Fitness Center)
- Gift Shop
- Musician(s) and Entertainment/Enrichment personnel, where applicable.
- Administrative duties
- Achieve financial, budgetary and profitability objectives as set by Company. Responsible for the management of all hotel budgets on the ship to which he/she is assigned.
- Achieve Passenger and crew satisfaction goals/targets as set by Company.
- Attain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as set by Company.
- Ensure Company food safety and sanitation rules are implemented and adhered to.
- Prepare/supervise End of Voyage and End of Month reports, which include administrative, financial and inventory reports and documentation according to Company guidelines.
- Prepare/supervise purchase orders and container orders.
- Coordination with the head office in the areas of Human Resources, Purchasing and Logistics, communication, and the day-to-day operation.
- Executing the Company Brand Standards as per the Charter agreement.
- Hotel crew
- Crew orientation, training/coaching, development/counseling, feedback/evaluation.
- Providing/supervising on-the-job training to team members and record keeping thereof.
- Conducting meetings and counseling sessions in order to maximize crew morale and productivity, and to foster a sense of community.
- Evaluating individual hotel crew performance.
- Ensuring disciplinary action is taken when required, utilizing fairness and respect within the framework of the Company guidelines.
- Developing the crew rotation planning/schedules with the head office.
- Responding to charter, passenger, and crew welfare and service needs.
- Ensuring that all passenger request, inquiries and concerns are responded to promptly.
- Ensuring maintenance and repairs required in the hotel department are performed, with follow-up to ensure issues are rectified.
- Monitoring hotel operations activities, performing inspections and taking corrective action when required.
- Ensuring that company food safety and sanitation standards are maintained throughout the hotel department.
- Liaising with the Deck and Engine department regarding operational matters.
- 24 hours/day on duty when required.