The Staff Accountant position reports to the Sr. Accountant and will be responsible for accounting duties, involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintaining the accuracy of the company’s ledgers and subsidiary financial systems.
The Staff Accountant position is Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The KPIs for the Staff Accountant include, but are not limited to, the following in the accounting area:
- Accurate Financials for our vessels
- Month end closing
- Efficiency with month end account reconciliations
Overall Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions as well as resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; reconciles entries and analyzes transactions.
- Reconcile Voyage Financial reports. Prepare journal entries and Voyages settlements.
- Reconcile onboard and in-transit inventory and produce journal entries.
- Reconcile and maintain records of different P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Verifies financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Prepares reports.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Creates customer invoices as per advice from VP Finance.
- Reconciles account receivable balances with customers.
- Monthly reconciliation of credit card payments from various vessels.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Prepares and manages client monthly billing process.
- Assist Accounting Manager & VP Finance with Ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
Background and Experience:
- Preferably should have a minimum of one year of experience working in a corporate accounting role.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Microsoft certificate is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting. Great Plains is preferred.
- Willing to learn at a rapid pace and be prepared to take on new responsibilities.
- Strong organizational and people skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and must be accountable for all assigned work.
- Support with other ad-hoc duties as requested.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong team skills and flexibility to multi-task.
- Ability to interact with all levels of Management.
- Work experience in the cruise industry a plus.